Saturday, September 25, 2010

Warrior Heroes Inn and Tavern

My main computer went down a few days ago and it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get it back.  So no batreps till then but the good news is that I am working on a lot of terrain I've been putting off for a while now.  My daughter has been feeling neglected with all the Starship and Western builds we have been doing so now that I finished to  a stopping point I am getting serious about getting some fantasy terrain made up for her.  She helped throughout the project which surprised me as they usually get tired.  We decided to start with a super deluxe inn with a very playable interior as a good inn is a very central part to any adventurers party starting point.  Good place to find trouble too.
I have both the World Works and Fat Dragon interior sets but for this project I decided to go with FD because this is a very permanent structure and I thought the fat walls would give good strength.  The main area for eating and drinking has a lot of wide open space to facilitate lots of action when the guests get rowdy.  This inn is way ahead of it's time with indoor toilet complete with courtesy curtains.  I just wouldn't want to be eating at that nearby table!
The sleeping quarters are equipped with a library, writing desk, and fireplace.
Another shot showing the bar and the way back to the kitchen.
Here we ovelook the kitchen area and the sleeping quarters.
If you take a careful look at the finished project, you can see what all my work on this project was for.  It's a doll house for birds!  Oh well, we had fun and I am sure we'll use it for Warrior Heroes eventually.
More of my daughters critters hard at work.  So now it is time for me to start working on a little village.  I suppose her farm animals will need a place to play also.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like that that build out. The more I see the Fat Dragon stuff the more I think they're not completely outclassed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great building, Willy! I know you've made it with fantasy gaming in mind, but that would work well in a contemporary setting in a game of ATZ. Just say it's a an old-style theme pub. There are plenty of them about. You could even use it for a Wild West bar-room brawl. Oh yes, I can see you getting lots of uses out of it. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure miss my computer.
    Fat Dragon stuff is pretty good for regular scenery and things like flats. You can also kitbash their stuff pretty well but when it comes to big and complex stuff then WWG just leaves everyone in the dust. It is kind of the right tool for the job kind of thing. There are situations where I think both products are best.
    My daughter ditched the birds lsat night and started a new Warrior Heroes campaign. Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete