Thursday, January 13, 2011

Vendor Updates

Being a sick wargaming maniac, I buy lots of toys from lots of different vendors.  Every so often a store or manufacturer stands out for some reason or another and I like to share my experiences so that others can benefit from them.  Here are some of the places I have done business with recently and the experiences I have had.

Alban Miniatures - 28mm Napoleonics - Paul answers his emails, has an outstanding product, and ships promptly.  No damage. Can't ask for more than this.  I will do an in depth review soon.  A+

Angel Barracks - 6mm Miniatures and Accessories - Mike gives tip top support and answers his emails, has plenty of great products, packages very well and ships promptly.  I will be doing a very overdue in depth review on his stuff as as soon as I can.  Another A+

Architects of War - I have not had any interaction with the owners yet, but I can tell you this:  I placed my order via the web and it was well packaged and on my porch on the second day!  Up till now an A+

Internet Hobbies - Placed an order and was told it would ship in 2-3 days.  Six days later I finally received a notice that they canceled part of the order and shipped the rest.  It would have been nice if they would have let me know before shipping because I wound up spending way too much on freight for a single item.  I will be watching for the paypal credit closely and will probably not use them again.  While they didn't perpetrate any ultimate crimes, this bugged me quite a bit and I feel like I've been had on the shipping.  D

Reinforcements by Post - Neil communicates very well and is patient with all my dumb questions.  He performed his service timely and shipped my figures safely.  I only had one minor hiccup in instructions but I kind of expect this with a painting service as that is a really tough job via email.  This is another one that I will review in more detail. A

2 comments:

  1. I've also heard lots of good things about Angel Barracks - and I'm in the market for some 6mm scenery so will probably give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are actually some vendors out there who care about their customers.

    ReplyDelete